Join the ACES Team!
AmeriCorps Vista - Math Quality Coach (July 29, 2014 - August 1, 2015): The Math Quality Coach helps ACES with its specific focus on St. Paul Public Schools students achieving math proficiency by eighth grade. The Math Quality Coach will achieve that goal by working with partners and staff to identify the curriculum and the tutoring skills necessary to provide high quality math instruction. The Math Quality Coach will also be involved in evaluating the math program quality. This position is part of the Saint Paul Public Schools Foundation VISTA project. Preference given to applications received by 05/09/2014.
Click here for more information and to apply.
What is an AmeriCorps Vista? AmeriCorps VISTAs are national service members committed to bringing individuals and communities out of poverty by doing indirect service. As a VISTA, you will:
- Work full-time (40 hours/week).
- Be given a living allowance of approximately $850/month.
- Have the option to receive either an education award (approximately $5,550) or a cash stipend (approximately $1,500) upon completion of your year of service.
- Receive basic health benefits, life insurance, and child care (if eligible).
- Have access to professional development opportunities.
- Attend monthly training days with your fellow VISTA members.
- Be reimbursed for travel while on the job (approximately .55 cents/mile). Receive a total of 20 paid days off (10 sick days + 10 personal days), in addition to other holidays (Thanksgiving, holiday break, Independence Day, etc.).
- For a complete description of the benefits and responsibilities of being a VISTA, please consult the VISTA member handbook. To become a VISTA, you must be 18 or older and have a college degree.
Paid Team Leaders, October Through May Looking to directly impact Twin Cities youth? Then this classroom leadership position may be for you! Join ACES as a part-time direct service Team Leader. Work study students are encouraged to apply. Team Leaders work 8-10 hours/week, two days per week, with shifts falling between 2pm and 6:30pm. Check out the position description and application here. Complete the application and mail, or scan and email Steve Palmer.
Volunteer Classroom Leader Sign up now to be a direct service Volunteer Classroom Leader at one of our Minneapolis or St. Paul school sites. ACES Volunteer Classroom Leaders take an active role in improving the academic progress of our urban students by working directly with youth in a classroom setting. We ask for a minimum time commitment of 2.5 hours, once a week, late afternoon from October through May. This is an opportunity to make a real impact on urban youth in the Twin Cities! For more information, please contact Steve Palmer.
Volunteer E-Mentor ACES E-Mentors are Twin Cities professionals who correspond via email with a specific ACES middle school student throughout the school year. Other time commitments include attending a school-site E-Mentoring party and hosting your e-mentee at your place of work for job shadowing. Click here for more information about being an E-Mentor or contact Steve Palmer.
Young Professionals Associate Board Member ACES Young Professionals Associate Board is responsible for Races 4 ACES and special projects based on their areas of expertise and interest. For more information, please contact Steve Palmer.